Wednesday, November 5, 2008

High School Sweethearts


Tim and I met in high school. We had the same English class our Junior year, but only became slight enough acquaintances to realize I was the teacher's pet and Tim was the kid who always got sent outside for sleeping through class. It wasn't until later that year that I began to fall in love with him as I saw what a caring and amazing guy he was. He wasn't like anyone I met before and I knew I wanted to date him. Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy to convince him.
After a little coaxing, a night at Belmont Park, and a really cool choking stunt involving a straw (not a real stunt but more of an accident)--he finally came to an understanding that I always get what I want and he decided to go with the flow (such a Tim thing to do--and that's also why I love him so much).

We dated all Senior year and through the first few years of college. We had a ton of great memories with our families, friends, and each other. I was conviced that I would never love anyone as I would Tim (which I am now sure that I never have nor ever will love anyone nearly as much as I love him) and the only thing that stood between us and being together was a two-year church mission Tim decided to serve. While he was gone I felt as though time stopped and as quickly as he will tell you his mission went by I am almost positive it went proportionally slow for me (so when he says it feels like his mission blew by in a few months I'll tell you that I'm pretty sure he was gone for at least four years). But when he finally made it home I was still here--whether I waited completely or not is not an important part of this story so all you need to know is that I was here when he came back ;). We decided to get married within a few months of his return and we finally began our eternity together!

4 comments:

Eldredge greatness said...

ok, i know i have said this before but im going to say this again....you are STUNNING! i love your long blonde hair. you and tim are like barbie and ken, im sure youve been told that before. ok, was that too over the top? I reread that and it sounds a little scary but, i think you know me well enough to know im not a pervert!!!!!!!!

Furniss Family said...

It was so fun to see everything in your blog, it's so darling!! They are so fun!! Our blog is jmlfurniss@blogspot.com. Hope all is well in Utah :)

Lindsay said...

oh...and had so much fun reading about all that. You guys are a beautiful couple that was meant to be.

Tamara Jackson said...

I think I took the picture of you two at school! Glad I did (that is, if I did!).

Love you three!